StopTech has designed a new generation of calipers, their first ever fifth generation calipers. This caliper is the lightest & strongest they have ever produced, using a new analysis software package to retain strength while shedding weight. The first two calipers out of the gate went to work for two years in Late model short track racing, where they proved out the system and ended up taking 7 championships across the country. These were 500whp cars, doing 175 laps, 15s per lap, 2 brake applies per lap. Rotors were glowing by lap 50 and the rotor lasted an entire season of racing.
In a 600whp Integra Type R Time attack application, data logging showed the C43 CBK pulled down -2.4g under deceleration on 275 Hoosiers.
After proof of success, they began applying the new competition (C43) calipers to the most popular competitive street cars. They look to road racing applications where the brakes can benefit from being optimized for weight and intended use. The target market for these CBKs are dedicated track cars looking for performance and minimized weight. This CBK comes standard with full floating race hardware (which means the hat can rattle on the rotor ring) and high temp track pads (can have a low speed squeal). We try to discourage anything daily driven in order to reach the cars that can use and appreciate the system.
- Honda S2000 AP2 (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- The S2K AP1/AP2 C43 CBK uses our lightweight C43 caliper and a DR21 pad shape common to all race pad manufacturers, so you are not held to StopTech race pads. These pads have 11% more volume than the ST40 caliper pads.
- C43 weighs exactly HALF the ST40, coming in between 4.2 and 4.5 lbs depending on caliper options
- S2K specific differential piston bores at 36-42mm
- One-bolt Pad changes
- The caliper is paired with a non-directional Pillar Vane 309x32 rotor ring, who's larger air gap increases cooling efficiency
- Rotor ring weighs 11lbs and contains our non-directional slot pattern
- Rotor replacement cost is $99.99
- StopTech SR33 or SR34 race pads are included with the kit; not proprietary shape. Available from all manufacturers.
- The hat is mounted to the rotor with our race float hardware allowing unrestricted thermal expansion
In stock, non special order items can be returned within 30 days of the product arriving to your house or place of work.
Returns will NOT be accepted on final sales, special orders, opened, installed, incomplete, or otherwise used products. In order to initiate a return, an RMA number must be requested and approved via e-mail.
All returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee minus complete shipping cost (roundtrip).
Any processed orders that have not shipped will incur a 6% cancelation refund fee unless the product was not available to ship within a timely manner. No fee will be incurred if used as store credit.
For complete details on our return policy, please see our Help and FAQ link under HELPFUL INFO.