The solution for adding more power to any turbocharged engine is the addition of a high-performance air-to-air intercooler. The Perrin Performance Front Mount Intercooler simply cools the air going from the turbo into your engine, by transferring the excess heat using multiple passages through a core. The Perrin Performance Front Mount Intercooler is perfectly fit easily to the front of your SUBARU WRX/STi to maximize cooling.
Note: Coolant Reservoir not included with every Intercooler kit. Please confirm before ordering.
- SUBARU WRX/STi (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Intercooler Core: The most important part of any intercooler system is the core. The core cools the charged air on the way to the engine. The factory Subaru tube and fin intercooler was designed to be easy to manufacture but are not good for performance. Our testing has shown the optimum core design is the 3/8” bar and plate style that has a 3/8” charge air and ambient air path, instead of the common 1/4” size. The PERRIN bar and plate core design are much more durable than tube and fin with the ability to withstand rocks and other debris, which may enter the scoop.
- Intercooler Support Beams: Our intercooler support beam is constructed from boxed steel and powder-coated black. Competitors use inexpensive aluminum bumper beams which save a little weight but are easily destroyed in a collision.
- Finish: Every PERRIN intercooler is powder-coated to further protect your intercooler from the elements making it look awesome for years to come. Our intercoolers come in two finish options, a bright silver or stealth black powder coat.
- Cast End Tanks: The PERRIN Performance designed end tanks control for near perfect dispersal of hot air across the intercooler core. By eliminating any 90º corners adding a smooth, and gradual taper from top to bottom turbulence is eliminated. Each end tank incorporates an innovative mounting tab to secure the core to the mounting beam.
- Boost Tubes: PERRIN boost tubes are CNC mandrel bent from aluminum tubing for better weight reduction. Every boost tube has an oversized beaded end to ensure the hose clamps and couplers stay connected and sealed! We choose to take the smoothest shortest path to get air to and from the intercooler. Right off the turbo a smooth offset coupler carries the hot side air charge to a perfectly matched 2.25” boost tube. We chose 2.25" tubing for a smoother, cleaner, obstruction-free routing while still being large enough to flow more WHP than most turbos can put out. The air charge then is routed through the engine bay next to the battery, and down behind the radiator to the intercooler. The cold side boost tubes are mounted as high as possible in the engine compartment to clear all turbo and intake combinations as it travels to the throttle body through the engine bay.
- T-Bolt Clamps: PERRIN Performance T-bolt clamps are standard on PERRIN intercoolers. They are designed for uniform clamping at all points around the band. The wider band distributes the force over a larger area and the fine threaded bolts with nylon lock nuts allow for accurate torque and proper clamping. Never worry about having to re-tighten down the road, plus each PERRIN logo-ed clamp is made in the USA and has the torque spec engraved on each one. Advantage PERRIN!
- Coolant Reservoir: The PERRIN front mount intercooler kit includes a PERRIN Performance coolant overflow tank. It adds clearance for better boost tube routing, holds more coolant than previous designs, and uses the OEM tank cap for a great seal! The PERRIN Performance coolant overflow tank is protected from the elements by a black texture powder coating. It looks great and makes the silk screened logo pop.
- Pressure Testing: PERRIN Performance is one of the only intercoolers manufacturers that pressure tests every intercooler. We pressurize every intercooler to 50 psi. on our special jigs. This ensures you never get a core with a leak! Even the slightest leak can cause your vehicle to lose power, literally bleeding turbo boost pressure out the intercooler.
- Weight: The PERRIN front mount intercooler kit only adds 9lbs of weight! If you take all the factory pieces you remove and compare them to the PERRIN parts you are installing, you will find you only added 9lbs!
- Logo Stencils: Included with our front mount intercooler is a free PERRIN logged intercooler stencil. Use the stencil to easily paint the PERRIN logo across the front of your intercooler. Simply peel, stick, paint, and remove.
RETURN & CANCELATION POLICY | INTERNATIONAL DUTIES AND TAXES
In stock, non special order items can be returned within 30 days of the product arriving to your house or place of work.
Returns will NOT be accepted on Clearance Items, Final Sales, Special Orders, Opened, Installed, Incomplete, or Otherwise Used Products. In order to initiate a return, an RMA number must be requested and approved via e-mail.
All returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee minus complete shipping cost (roundtrip).
Any processed orders that have not shipped will incur a 6% cancelation refund fee unless the product was not available to ship within a timely manner. No fee will be incurred if used as store credit.
For complete details on our return policy, please see our Help and FAQ link under HELPFUL INFO.
INTERNATIONAL DUTIES AND TAXES
All international orders outside of the USA are subject to duties and taxes per your countries jurisdiction and determined by customs.
Kami Speed serves the right to ship using an alternative method if we see it fit, in order to expedite shipping and reduce your rate depending on product value.