Mishimoto designed and develop a unique Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit to work on your Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 to eliminate harmful blow by vapors from re-entering your engine. The FA20 in the Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 utilizes a slightly different type of direct injection system that also uses port fuel injectors to help decrease carbon buildup. Even though carbon buildup isn't as severe as most direct-injected engines, there is still enough that you will need this catch can kit to help your boxer engine run its best. Thousands of test miles were logged on a Subaru BRZ to determine what setup would work the best.
Mishimoto tough engineers found that in most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. Where a catch can be placed on the crankcase vent system on the front of the engine will yield nearly no accumulation on stock or modified vehicles. Having only one catch can be tied into the PCV system on the back of the engine will by far, work the best for the vast majority of Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 vehicles on the road. Mishimoto engineers found that a second catch can on the crankcase vent side only be beneficial for vehicles with forced induction.
The Mishimoto Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter, and internal baffled to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. It also includes one direct fit mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install but also fits the right-hand drive as well! The BRZ/86 catch can kit comes with two direct-fit hoses designed to fit right onto the 10mm PCV valve and into the 12mm port on the intake manifold. Two CNC-machined aluminum, " barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And, as every Mishimoto oil catch can, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
- Toyota 86 (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Subaru BRZ (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Single 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can mount in line with the PCV system to separate oil particles using 50-micron bronze filter
- Application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Billet 6061 aluminum sealed can
- Protects the high-revving Subaru boxer engine from oil blow-by
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Internal air diverter turbulates air longer to improve oil separation
- No cutting or modification required
- Bracket fits both LHD and RHD cars, in addition to aftermarket strut tower bars and diagonal braces
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
In stock, non special order items can be returned within 30 days of the product arriving to your house or place of work.
Returns will NOT be accepted on final sales, special orders, opened, installed, incomplete, or otherwise used products. In order to initiate a return, an RMA number must be requested and approved via e-mail.
All returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee minus complete shipping cost (roundtrip).
Any processed orders that have not shipped will incur a 6% cancelation refund fee unless the product was not available to ship within a timely manner. No fee will be incurred if used as store credit.
For complete details on our return policy, please see our Help and FAQ link under HELPFUL INFO.