The GrimmSpeed Head Gaskets feature unique multi-layer steel (MLS) construction, in which multiple grades are used to give optimal surface and combustion chamber sealing as they are torqued down. The top and bottom layers also feature a Nitrile Rubberized Coating that helps accommodate a rougher RA surface finish of up to 50 microinches. This acts to better seal the non-critical areas of the gasket. Also, the gasket edge includes a folded stopper layer that allows for optimal sealing for the combustion chamber. This is done to help reduce the chances of combustion gasses causing head gasket failures under extremely high cylinder pressures that built engines can experience. The gaskets are available in multiple thicknesses (.78, 1.05, 1.45mm) to help fine-tune each individual build. In addition, the slightly oversized bore diameters will allow for up to 0.5mm overbore. The FA20 gasket was designed to be compatible with both FA20A (WRX) and FA20B (Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S, Toyota 86). Meaning that it will be just as much at home in a lower power NA build as it will be in a high power boosted application.
- Toyota 86 (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Subaru BRZ (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Scion FR-S (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Sold as a Set/Pair - L and R side specific
- Die Cut Stainless Steel Multi-Layer Steel (MLS) Construction - Provides smooth edge finish and consistency from batch to batch, ±0.001” manufacturing tolerance
- Folded Stopper Layer to Better Seal the Combustion Chamber
- 0.25micron Nitrile Rubber Layer Coating - Reduces chances of leaking on imperfectly smooth mating surfaces over the non-coated gasket
- Compatible with both FA20A (WRX) and FA20B (BRZ, FRS, 86)
- Accommodates up to 86.5mm bore
- 0.78mm, 1.05mm, 1.45mm thickness (after crushing)
- GrimmSpeed-branded products are warrantied to the original owner against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product.
In stock, non special order items can be returned within 30 days of the product arriving to your house or place of work.
Returns will NOT be accepted on final sales, special orders, opened, installed, incomplete, or otherwise used products. In order to initiate a return, an RMA number must be requested and approved via e-mail.
All returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee minus complete shipping cost (roundtrip).
Any processed orders that have not shipped will incur a 6% cancelation refund fee unless the product was not available to ship within a timely manner. No fee will be incurred if used as store credit.
For complete details on our return policy, please see our Help and FAQ link under HELPFUL INFO.