The K&N Engineering H4 Red Typhoon Short Ram Intake system features a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system designed to fit some Subaru WRX/STi Turbo models. The restrictive stock air filter and air intake housing are replaced by the K&N Typhoon air intake which is designed to dramatically reduce air flow restriction as it smoothes and straightens air flow. This allows your engine to inhale more airflow than the stock air intake. More air is equal to more power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. Additionally to more power, this H4 Red Typhoon Short Ram Intake system improves engine sound with more aggressive and deeper acoustics during acceleration. The H4 Red Typhoon Short Ram Intake comes with a black rubber topped K&N high-flow air filter and a heat shield that installs into the original air box space. Air is directed through the intake tube into the engine's turbo inlet for a guaranteed power gain. The intake tube has a unique and attractive red textured powder-coated finish that's made to last and it accommodates the factory mass air sensor. The oversized cone shaped air filter can be used for up to 100,000 miles before servicing is needed depending on driving conditions. This H4 Red Typhoon Short Ram Intake is very easy to install usually in 90 minutes or less using existing factory mounting points. The tools needed are also basic a couple of screwdrivers, pliers, a ratchet set, and an Allen wrench.
Please Note: Some Typhoon air intakes are not legal for sale or use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal. Check the K&N catalog or website for vehicle applications and specific CARB status for each vehicle and air intake.
- Subaru WRX/STi (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Guaranteed to increase horsepower
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Low restriction aluminum tube
- Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less
- Lasts up to 100,000 miles before service is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Replaces the stock air intake system
- Washable and reusable lifetime air filter
- Estimated Horsepower Gain: 34.32 HP @ 5400 RPM
- Air Filter Color: Red
- Air Filter Height: 6.5 in (165 mm)
- Air Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
- Air Filter Outlet Shape: Round
- California Restricted: Not legal for sale or use in California
- Clamp Material: Stainless Steel
- Clamp Style: Regular
- Clamps Included: 3
- Couplers Included: 1
- Intake Pipe Color / Finish: Wrinkle Red
- Intake Pipe Material: Aluminum
- Product Box Height: 12.5 in (318 mm)
- Product Box Length: 20.25 in (514 mm)
- Product Box Width: 12.25 in (311 mm)
- Product Style: 69 Series Typhoon Kits
- Replacement Filter: RU-4870
- Street Legal In All US States: No
- System Type: Cold-Air Intake System
- TUV Approved (Europe): No
- Weight: 7.9 lb (3.6 kg)
- Horsepower gains based on similar vehicle dynamometer test. Results will vary.
In stock, non special order items can be returned within 30 days of the product arriving to your house or place of work.
Returns will NOT be accepted on final sales, special orders, opened, installed, incomplete, or otherwise used products. In order to initiate a return, an RMA number must be requested and approved via e-mail.
All returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee minus complete shipping cost (roundtrip).
Any processed orders that have not shipped will incur a 6% cancelation refund fee unless the product was not available to ship within a timely manner. No fee will be incurred if used as store credit.
For complete details on our return policy, please see our Help and FAQ link under HELPFUL INFO.