A'PEXi has been a staple in the aftermarket and motorsport industry since 1992. Their manufacturing ranges from exhaust systems to electronic diagnostic and controller systems with research and developments stemming from their race and motorsports divisions. If you're in the look out for quality products, A'PEXi will surely not disappoint.
The A'PEXi SMART Accel Controller that offers universal instant and direct throttle response for vehicles equipped with Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Systems. Since throttle response is delayed from the factory ETC (Drive-by-wire) system, the SMART Accel unit removes this delay allowing for a huge improvement. The controller must be used with a vehicle specific harness (sold separately) which connects between the factory accelerator pedal sensor and the wiring harness.
The SMART Accel Controller Unit has 7 modes: 3 ECO modes, a Low Throttle mode, 2 Boost modes, and a High Throttle mode:
- ECO Mode 1: Slightly slower throttle response which quickly tappers to normal
- ECO Mode 2: Slower throttle response which tappers to normal
- ECO Mode 3: Largest delay for best MPG
- Low Throttle Mode: The throttle is slow at first put opens up when you open it up
- Boost Mode 1: Meant to mimic "boost" it opens up quickly and tappers off
- Boost Mode 2: Like Boost Mode 1 but more aggressive
- High Throttle Mode: The most responsive setting that opens up the throttle across the full range